The Will Winsborough Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Computer Science is an academic based scholarship. Funds distributed from the endowment will be used each year to provide one or more scholarships. The number and amount of scholarships will vary depending on the distributions of the endowment and the applicant pool in any given year, but the award will be at least $1000 (payments will be $500 in the fall and spring semesters). The award period will be from September 1 through August 31.
- Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or graduate students majoring in computer science and actively pursuing a degree at the University of Texas at San Antonio
- Preference will be given to students engaged in research topics related to the interests of Professor Will Winsborough such as computer and information security, programming languages, and logic programming
- Preference will be given to graduate students
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 scale
- Open to non-resident/foreign students *and* Texas residents
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours if an undergraduate or 9 credit hours if a graduate (an exception may be made on a case-by-case basis when a student is not required to take 12 or 9 credit hours to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours.
How to apply:
- Login to the UTSA Scholarship Hub using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.
- Answer all the questions for the General Scholarship Application.
- Complete your General Scholarship Application by clicking Finish and Submit. Based on this application, you may be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Review every additional scholarship opportunity and its requirements by clicking Apply next to each. If you qualify, answer the accompanying questions and then select Finish and Submit for each.
Application Deadline for 2019-2020 Awards is Sunday August 18th at 11:59PM
Helpful Tips when on the UTSA Scholarship Hub
- Be prepared to provide essays, contact emails for individuals providing letters of recommendation and other documents that may be required. The application will state if letters of recommendation, essays, etc. are required for your scholarship.
- If you encounter problems or have questions about the General Scholarship Application, please view the Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as the deadline approaches.
- If selected for a scholarship, you’ll be notified by the organization managing the scholarship, usually by email. If awarded a scholarship, your overall need-based financial aid award may need to be adjusted.
- HELP TEXT – For additional information or clarification, click the gray circles with the question mark.
- PROVIDING REFERENCES – Not all scholarships require letters of recommendation. If a recommendation is needed, you will be prompted to enter the individual’s full name and email address. It’s expected that you respectfully request permission to use an individual as a reference prior to submitting their contact information. Once the contact information is submitted, an email is immediately sent to your reference with instructions on how to complete the recommendation. Please encourage a timely response from your reference. You will not be able to view the submitted recommendation, only that it has been received.