The Richard L. Murphy and Mary W. Bancroft Computer Science Annual Scholarship was donated by Richard L. Murphy and Mary W. Bancroft to support students pursuing computer science. At least $1,000 will be awarded (half in fall and half in spring semesters). The scholarship award amount is contingent upon availability of funds and the recipient successfully maintaining at least all minimum criteria.
- Recipient(s) shall be actively pursuing a computer science degree in the College of Sciences at the University, or its successor.
- Applicant(s) must be a transfer student from a community college.
- Applicant(s) must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- Recipient(s) must be enrolled in one or both of the following courses, or successors, at time of award: Introduction to Programming and/or Data Structures.
- Preference will be given to applicant(s) that demonstrate financial need, as determined by the University's Office of Student Financial Aid.
- The intent of the Donors is to award at least $1,000 per recipient. The Scholarship and award amount are contingent upon availability of funds and the recipient successfully maintaining at least all minimum criteria.
How to apply:
- Login to the UTSA Scholarship Hub using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.
- Answer all the questions for the General Scholarship Application.
- Complete your General Scholarship Application by clicking Finish and Submit. Based on this application, you may be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Review every additional scholarship opportunity and its requirements by clicking Apply next to each. If you qualify, answer the accompanying questions and then select Finish and Submit for each.
Application Deadline for 2019-2020 Awards is Sunday August 18th at 11:59PM
Helpful Tips when on the UTSA Scholarship Hub
- Be prepared to provide essays, contact emails for individuals providing letters of recommendation and other documents that may be required. The application will state if letters of recommendation, essays, etc. are required for your scholarship.
- If you encounter problems or have questions about the General Scholarship Application, please view the Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as the deadline approaches.
- If selected for a scholarship, you’ll be notified by the organization managing the scholarship, usually by email. If awarded a scholarship, your overall need-based financial aid award may need to be adjusted.
- HELP TEXT – For additional information or clarification, click the gray circles with the question mark.
- PROVIDING REFERENCES – Not all scholarships require letters of recommendation. If a recommendation is needed, you will be prompted to enter the individual’s full name and email address. It’s expected that you respectfully request permission to use an individual as a reference prior to submitting their contact information. Once the contact information is submitted, an email is immediately sent to your reference with instructions on how to complete the recommendation. Please encourage a timely response from your reference. You will not be able to view the submitted recommendation, only that it has been received.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship, please contact:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
(210) 458-4436, (210) 458-4437 (fax)