The Jessie Mann Endowed Computer Science Scholarship in Honor of Hugh Maynard shall be a permanent endowment and shall be used for the benefit of the Department of Computer Science in the College of Sciences ("College"), or its successors. Funds distributed from the endowment shall be used to fund an undergraduate scholarships, according to the terms as follows:
- It is intended that this endowment shall provide the maximum possible awards to ensure the scholarship be prestigious and competitive. Should the amount of endowment distribution increase in the future to allow for additional awards, the amount of the awards should be based on the amount of the distributions.
- Recipient must be enrolled full-time (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as an undergraduate student with a declared major in computer science at the University, or its successor. An exception may be made on a case-by-case basis when the recipient is not required to be enrolled full-time to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Recipient(s) must have completed a minimum of four (4) courses in computer science at the University and have a minimum of 3.4 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) within those courses.
- A scholarship application is required. Final selection of the recipient will be made by an officially recognized scholarship committee at the University within the Department of Computer Sciences, or their successors.
- Scholarship may be renewed for up to three (3) years without reapplication provided the recipient maintains all minimum stated criteria.
How to apply:
- Login to the UTSA Scholarship Hub using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.
- Answer all the questions for the General Scholarship Application.
- Complete your General Scholarship Application by clicking Finish and Submit. Based on this application, you may be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Review every additional scholarship opportunity and its requirements by clicking Apply next to each. If you qualify, answer the accompanying questions and then select Finish and Submit for each.
Application Deadline for 2019-2020 Awards is Sunday August 18th at 11:59PM
Helpful Tips when on the UTSA Scholarship Hub
- Be prepared to provide essays, contact emails for individuals providing letters of recommendation and other documents that may be required. The application will state if letters of recommendation, essays, etc. are required for your scholarship.
- If you encounter problems or have questions about the General Scholarship Application, please view the Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as the deadline approaches.
- If selected for a scholarship, you’ll be notified by the organization managing the scholarship, usually by email. If awarded a scholarship, your overall need-based financial aid award may need to be adjusted.
- HELP TEXT – For additional information or clarification, click the gray circles with the question mark.
- PROVIDING REFERENCES – Not all scholarships require letters of recommendation. If a recommendation is needed, you will be prompted to enter the individual’s full name and email address. It’s expected that you respectfully request permission to use an individual as a reference prior to submitting their contact information. Once the contact information is submitted, an email is immediately sent to your reference with instructions on how to complete the recommendation. Please encourage a timely response from your reference. You will not be able to view the submitted recommendation, only that it has been received.