The University of Texas at San Antonio GHC Scholarship 2019 provides funds for current CS undergraduate and graduate students to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration 2019, a three-day celebration of women technologists produced by AnitaB.org and presented in partnership with ACM. Recipients who attend GHC gain access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime.
GHC 2019 will be Oct. 1–4, 2019 in Orlando, Florida.
Five scholarships will be provided to individual female students actively pursuing a computer science degree at UTSA. By accepting this scholarship, the student agrees to volunteer 6 hours of time assisting the CS Department staff at the Expo Fair booth throughout the three days of the celebration.
Student Scholarships include:
- Individual Registration for the three-day Celebration.
- Hotel accommodations (arranged by Computer Science Department staff). Students will be assigned a roommate.
- Airfare booked and paid for by the Computer Science Department
- Per diem stipend (if used wisely, stipend is expected to cover transportation costs to and from the airport, baggage fees, meals, and other travel incidentals).
- You must be a female undergraduate or master’s student enrolled on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 credit hours as an undergraduate or 9 hours as a graduate) and actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science at UTSA. Those graduating prior to the Celebration are not eligible unless accepted to the M.S. Computer Science program in Fall 2019.
- Must submit a written personal statement describing yourself and your goals.
- Must agree to volunteer 6 hours at the UTSA CS GHC Expo Fair booth
Among Equally Qualified Applicants
- Preference will be given to junior and senior students.
Students cannot accept more than one scholarship to attend GHC.
What are we looking for in a student scholar?
- Student scholars are active in their community, including being involved with campus computing/STEM clubs and working toward the advancement of women in computing.
- Student scholars have an understanding of how attending GHC will have an impact on them and any messages or key learnings they take back to share.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the GHC 2019 Scholarship Application Form
- Complete and submit the GHC 2019 Student Agreement Form
- Submit a written personal statement describing yourself and your goals (3 pages max)
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
All materials must be received by the CS Department in office or via email by 5:00PM for consideration.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship, please contact:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
(210) 458-4436, (210) 458-4437 (fax)