The Allen N. Martinese Scholarship was endowed by Mrs. Anna Martinese in memory of her son, a member of the UTSA class of '83. Up to $2000 will be awarded to recipients.
Application Deadline for 2019-2020 is Sunday August 18th at 11:59PM
To be eligible for Allen N. Martinese Scholarships, applicants must meet the following selection criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 credit hours) as undergraduates and actively pursuing a degree in computer science at The University of Texas at San Antonio, or its successor.
- Applicants must have completed their freshman year (30 or more semester hours of credit).
- Applicants must have two recommendations from UTSA faculty members of their choice.
- Applicants must write an essay of 600 words or less on one of the following topics:
- A research project or other activity related to computer science in which the student participated.
- An activity or experience which motivated the student to major in computer science.
- An issue or problem in computer science.
How to apply:
- Login to the UTSA Scholarship Hub using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.
- Answer all the questions for the General Scholarship Application.
- Complete your General Scholarship Application by clicking Finish and Submit. Based on this application, you may be eligible for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Review every additional scholarship opportunity and its requirements by clicking Apply next to each. If you qualify, answer the accompanying questions and then select Finish and Submit for each.
Helpful Tips when on the UTSA Scholarship Hub
- Be prepared to provide essays, contact emails for individuals providing letters of recommendation and other documents that may be required. The application will state if letters of recommendation, essays, etc. are required for your scholarship.
- If you encounter problems or have questions about the General Scholarship Application, please view the Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as the deadline approaches.
- If selected for a scholarship, you’ll be notified by the organization managing the scholarship, usually by email. If awarded a scholarship, your overall need-based financial aid award may need to be adjusted.
- HELP TEXT – For additional information or clarification, click the gray circles with the question mark.
- PROVIDING REFERENCES – Not all scholarships require letters of recommendation. If a recommendation is needed, you will be prompted to enter the individual’s full name and email address. It’s expected that you respectfully request permission to use an individual as a reference prior to submitting their contact information. Once the contact information is submitted, an email is immediately sent to your reference with instructions on how to complete the recommendation. Please encourage a timely response from your reference. You will not be able to view the submitted recommendation, only that it has been received.