Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
Summary of Duties: The Application Developer develops database and other applications to support the needs of the division and affiliated facilities. The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined needs. The position is also responsible for assisting the Director of Application Development with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications.
• Documents technical requirements by working with the Lead Application Developer or business users.
• Completes application development tasks assigned according to project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
• Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources (if applicable).
• Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
• Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
• Coordinates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate).
• Creates and maintains application documentation.
• Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
• Resolves application issues as needed.
• Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
• Actively participates in application design sessions.
• Provides technical guidance to business users.
• Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
• Creates programming project plan, estimate tasks and hours to complete.
• Performs routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
• Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
• Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application development role.
- Be a thought-leader for mobile technologies and design and implement application features
- Native mobile application development on iOS with fluency in Swift, Core Foundation, UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Animation and other frameworks provided by Apple.
- Knowledge in computer science combined with demonstrable problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
- Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, and the like.
- Familiarity with multiple architectural patterns such as MVC and MVVM.
- Experience with version control (Git) and various dependency management tools.
- Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing ins and outs of Apple’s and Google’s submission processes.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programing, familiarity with functional programing is a plus
- Strong understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines as well as interaction design best practices.
- Strong understanding of Android UI design best practices.
- Work closely with product management & UX to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes
• Bachelor’s Degree Information Systems or related degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
• Minimum 2 years Information Technology experience including database and other application design. Prior DBA experience beneficial.
• Experience with HCA systems preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Not Required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.